Friday, October 12, 2012

Web Applications - Lecture Assignment

Web Applications - Lecture Assignment

The interactive map I chose to highlight is the campus map of my Alma Mater FSU.

The map can be seen here:  http://map.campus.fsu.edu/index.aspx

What I like about it:
  • Much more efficient than the way I had to navigate the campus oh so many years ago as an incoming freshman.   We would walk around the campus with our fold-out maps looking like quite the tourist.
  • Multiple levels of zoom with "rollup" detail
  • Street View enabled
  • Ability to show bus routes and dining options
  • Good links to useful external related sites
I imagine the incoming Freshman now walks around the campus with their iPads and this map (still looking like a tourist, but a modern tourist!)


No comments:

Post a Comment